Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care Intensive and MHCC Leadership College

I had the honor of representing our Regional Medical Center and Health Centers earlier this month at a national conference about patient- and family-centered care. The Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care asked me to present on our improvement efforts at the Hospitals and Communities Moving Forward with Patient- and Family-Centered Care: Partnerships for Quality and Safety intensive training seminar held March 19-22 in Atlanta. The event focused on comprehensive and practical solutions to help administrative leaders, board members, physicians, nurses and other staff, patients and families become effective agents for patient- and family-centered change in their organizations. I was pleased to be able to describe the innovative work you all do here, and the work of our Healthcare Partners. Several people from other health systems came up to me afterward expressing interest in the work here in Contra Costa Health Services (for more about our Culture of Continuous Improvement, visit http://cchealth.org/medical_center/culture/).

I ended my week by co-presenting with the Chair of the Behavioral Healthcare Partnership, Teresa Pasquini, at the Mental Health Consumer Concerns Leadership College. The participants were welcoming and asked great questions. The program runs over several sessions with a variety of speakers on things ranging from using Powerpoint effectively to discussion with guest speakers. Though I didn't have all the answers to many important questions, such as,  "how can we increase public transportation to and from CCRMC after hours?" I left a list of things that were identified as important by the leaders that I intend to follow up on. I look forward to joining them at the completion of their program and am even more excited by the possibility of increasing numbers of Healthcare Partners who are interested in improving our system to provide the best care and experience.    

I'm grateful to both Brenda Crawford, Executive Director of Contra Costa Mental Health Consumer Concerns and Bev Johnson, President and CEO of the Institute for Patient- and Family-Centered Care for including me in these extraordinary events and to my co-presenter and partner in improvement, Teresa Pasquini.

More very soon.
Anna


 

No comments:

Post a Comment