Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I received message from my dear friend and mentor Jim Conway that Polly Arango, a nationally known advocate for children, died on Saturday, June 26. Although too brief, my encounters with Polly made a lasting impression on me.

I met Polly while I was at the IHI. Among the many other things she was involved in, she was faculty for the IHI Triple Aim. As a fellow and from Contra Costa's work on Triple Aim, I had several opportunities to encounter Polly. Co-founder of Family Voices, she was a committed and gracious advocate and true leader who never stopped reminding us of the power of patients and families. A mother who set out to make a difference and did. I think her friends and colleagues from Family Voices said it best when they said "Polly's impact on families and children in New Mexico, the United States, and around the world is difficult to measure or match."

No comments:

Post a Comment